Please use the latest download link for the connector:
Online documentation is also updated regularly.
Previous releases are available from GitHub as well.
What is the BonCode Connector:
The BonCode AJP (Apache JServ Protocol version 1.3) Connector uses already existing pathways to connect to Apache Tomcat. The AJPv13 protocol details can be found here (http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ajp/ajpv13a.html).
In general it is a preference question whether you use the ISAPI connection, which is the old C/C++ way of connecting IIS to other protocols or the methods implemented in the BonCode connector.
There are several advantages with the BonCode connector though:
- no ISAPI code (less risk of memory leaks, easier debugging)
- no IIS6 vestiges or backward compatibility elements needed on IIS7+
- all managed code .net extensibility framework
- works on IIS5.1, IIS6, IIS7, IIS7.5, IIS8, IIS8.5
- speed improvements
- easier control by using IIS UI and handler mappings
- no virtual directories and virtual mapping needed
- configuration can be inherited to sub-sites and virtual sites
- easy install/uninstall
- support partial stream sending to browser (automatic flushing) with faster response to client
- support both 32/64 bit of Windows with same process and files
- transfer of all request headers to servlet container
- build in simple-security for web-administration pages
Documentation is available as PDF in download package or online documentation.
Code & Support:
All code is on GitHub if you like to expand, change, fix etc.
Use the GitHub issues to report issues for follow up.